Monday, December 3, 2007

Running different operating systems on the same computer

First of all I have to admit that I am an absolute fangirl of Macs even though three of my three home computers are PCs running non-Apple operating systems (Vista, XP, and Ubuntu). At work I have my favorite - a slightly older Mac-Intel with a 24" monitor.

Using a utility named Boot Camp allowed me to install Microsoft Windows, so that all my work related apps work on my Mac. The newer Macs and operating system are supposed to be even easier, but VMware has come out with a utility that blows all of them out of the water. It's called Fusion and will run Windows, Linux, and other PC operating systems on Macs without having to reboot the whole system and pressing the option key as it restarts.

This makes it possible to play Windows games on your Mac, or in my case, run our SirsiDynix Workflows in a separate window on my desktop. I am one happy camper!

No comments: