Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Top Web Applications for the Year

What are your top three recommendations for web aps or add-ons this year? Share your suggestions of new, improved, or just discovered aps for 2007. Maybe we can put together a top ten or twenty list for the new year.

My three favorites are:
  1. picnik - what I like most about picnik is that I don't have to log-in to use it, so I can get started cropping, resizing, or editing images immediately. Since I edit images primarily for webpages, it satisfies most of my requirements. You may have to upgrade to the premium version or try other commercial editing tools for more features, but for quick fixes - the basic, free version does the trick;
  2. mixaloo - want to try your hand at putting together a cool musical mix to share with friends online? This is not an entirely free site. The mix consists of 30 second clips of your selections, but if someone wants to buy your full length version, mixaloo will give you a very small commission per track. You're not going to make your fortune here - just have a little fun;
  3. cooliris - this is really just a browser add-on, but I'm hooked! Once installed, cooliris works by opening up a window whenever you pass your mouse over any link on the webpage you are viewing. Versions are available for both Internet Explorer or Firefox.

No comments: