Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Website for Free Ebook Downloads


I also posted this on our DigiDownload blog, because I was so impressed by it. Please excuse the duplication.

This is a pretty snazzy site to acquire free ebook downloads. I'm not sure that some of these titles couldn't be found elsewhere, but the format and content should appeal to Gen Ys.

What attracted me first was the layout of the website and then the categories - these are not all classics and public domain titles. Yes, they have comics and graphic novels and great cookbooks! WOWIO books are free because sponsors pay authors and publishers on subscribers' behalf, so some are rather new releases.

Important things to note: you need to register to download titles; these are pdf files, so you will need the latest Adobe reader installed on your pc; you create a queue of titles you want to read, but only three titles may be downloaded each day. I think there is a time limit to access your titles, but I'm guessing that you can request it again if you need it for a longer period of time.

So far I've checked out - Stargate: The Graphic Novel, Excel 2007 Miracles Made Easy, and Stews, Casseroles & One Pot: 365 Recipes.

The site also provides RSS feeds to be notified about new releases.


No comments: